2010 Policy Round Ups
Inside Out is the CDFA annual survey which provides data and commentary on what is happening in community development finance. Key finding from this years survey show:
* CDFIs lent a record £113m in 2009, up 50% from the previous year
* the value of CDFI loan applications rose to £360m in 2009 (from £160m in 2008)
* the CDFI loan portfolio stands at £394m
* banks have overtaken the regional development agencies as the main source of funds for on-lending
* CDFIs report a write-off rate of 13%, but many believe this will rise over the next year as the impact of the recession becomes apparent.
To read the full report